Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Few Words from MadVegas

Lucy has been danced to sleep by my mom and Rod Stewart (gag). So here I sit in Madisonville...resting until Luce wakes up. All three of us have been sick this week and that has not been any fun. I started out thinking it was allergies but unless allergies are contagious it must have been something else.

Lucy and I visit Madisonville often - mostly when Brandon is working and he is right now, but today was a special occasion. Ezra Boyd Baker was born yesterday and I reeeeallly wanted to go see him (and his lovely parents Amber and Tommy). However, with this sickness - which i've almost kicked- i couldn't. I even thought WHAT IF i wear a mask, gloves, a gown and cover myself in antibacterial gook but that wouldn't have been such a good idea...right? Anyway, Ezra is sure to be one of Lucy's best buddies for a few reasons...he's ridiculously good looking, he comes from a good family, and his mom and I have been best friends since '86. I'll see them next week and then when he gets used to being home, Lucy will meet her future prom date.

Lucy is doing fun new things...the other day i look over and she is standing ALL BY HERSELF - holding a book. I couldn't believe it, it only lasted for a few seconds but she did it. She also can clap now and bangs any two things together all the time to make noise. She's starting to talk a little more but i'm certain that "Mama" will come after "Atticus." She wakes up just about every morning saying "Dadadadadadada." We also read a few books each night before bed and during the day she pushes a few books around the living room. Last night we noticed that she put a book up to her head like she's reading via osmosis. She's been doing it a lot today as well. Its the cutest thing. Of course, everything she does is cute.

No comments: