Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy Weekend

Four out of five jacksons are asleep...Guess which one is still awake! I guess a mothers work is never done ;). We had an eventful weekend and everyone is worn out.

Thursday night we hopped in the car and headed across the bridge to uncle j and aunt sams new house for dinner. We met up with aunt Ashley and brought "uncle" bake with us. Sam fixed a great dinner and even though they have cats I was able to stay for a few hours before the watery eyes began.

Friday night we had pizza night and chilled at our place. We don't sit at home much during the summer so it was great to have our little family under one roof and relax.

Saturday was softball state tourney in Hopkinsville. Brandon dropped Lucy, atti, Joey and I off in madisonville and we hung out with the grandebandis ( my parents). Lucy is a crawling machine so she thoroughly enjoyed moving about their wide open spaces. That afternoon I went outside to relax by the pool and accidentally fell asleep...oops. When I came back in I heard rod Stewart playing and found Lucy and grandma on the couch. Apparently they danced until Lucy dropped because she was passed out on moms shoulder. Honestly I thought they were both asleep until I went to get somehing from the fridge and see my mom motion for me to hit repeat on the cd. Lucy loves to listen to music and always looks at the cd player to check out where the noise is coming from. By the way I can't believe Lucy loves rod Stewart...I'm still not sure how I feel about that! Late saturday night Brandon returned from the tournament with a second place trophy.

Sunday morning we headed back home. When we arrived our neighbor came over and said lots of cars in our neighborhood had been broken into on Friday night. Ours was one if them, although we don't think they actually took anything. One of our neighbors had their entire car stolen so we got lucky!! But it was a bummer to be reminded that people steal!

Sunday afternoon papaw Macke and aunt al stopped by to see Lucy crawl. They hadn't seen her in a few weeks. For those of you in California, you would be so proud of the progress that lucy has made since our visit! We have a fearless girl on our hands.

This week we will be visiting the library and working on the mess Brandon and I made rearranging our house to be a little more mobile baby friendly. Also we are hoping to catch up with grandpa and grandma buuck!

No comments: