I'm sitting at the computer and everyone is asleep. Its inevitable that someone will wake soon, so i will type fast. We've had a wild and crazy year! It's been exhausting and awesome.
Lucy started talking and hasn't stopped! She repeats everything we say and is still climbing. She loves to color (on walls too) which keeps her entertained for a long time. Recently we began letting her spend the night with the Grand DeBandi's on a regular basis. Of course, she owns the place while she's there. While we were there over Christmas, she showed me where a few things were. I only lived there for 20 years and Ya Ya (my mom) didn't let me have that much fun.
Jay is such a sweet boy! The first thing anyone says about him is his size. He's our baby Shaq- weighing about 24lbs (the same as Lucy). Other than being a big boy...he army crawls all over the place. A new thing he's picked up lately is growling! Its really cute to hear him growl at everything and with every move. This morning I watched him pull himself up to standing. Yet, he's still not on his knees crawling. Jay loves to chase Lucy...he can't catch her yet, but soon.
One major worry I had for 2010 was that we would never sleep again. Bringing a new baby home is exhausting! But luckily both are sleeping through the night in their own beds. Jay is in his crib and Lucy is in a big bed. Brandon and I alternate nights with Jay (in the event that he wakes up). That way at least one of us gets to sleep past 5am a few times a week.
The highlights of 2010...
•Jay's Arrival in April.
•The Vandiver/Graves Wedding.
•Baby Ivan's arrival in September.
•Lucy and Ezra Baker had their first date. Sesame Street Live with their moms.
•Grandpa John and Grandma Lee's visit in May.
•Brandon and I celebrated 3 years of marriage with dinner alone at our favorite Japanese steakhouse. (This may not seem like a highlight to many but only being in charge of feeding yourself is kinda awesome).
•Congrats to my niece Kate and cousin Danielle who both got engaged recently (not to each other).
Although this isn't a highlight, my grandmother Libby has been diagnosed with cancer (lungs, liver, colon, bones, etc). The only good thing to come of this is that our family has been able to get back together after many years apart and have Thanksgiving and Christmas together. Lucy, Jay and I visit her just about every week. She's doing well but please keep her in your thoughts.
2011 holds some fun times. No more babies for us so we'll just be working on the two we already have. We've got a family reunion this summer in Hawaii with Brandon's family and are looking forward to seeing everyone. I do feel sorry for the rest of the people on the plane with us.
The gang is awake. Time for Noon Years at the Museum.
Happy New Year! Cheers!
1 comment:
Love the Patriots family photo!! And I'm so proud our wedding made the highlights of 2010!
Post a Comment